Official Rules for Biscuits and Jampionship
Biscuits and Jampionship Official Rules
The Jampionship is open to anyone in the world who is able to attend and compete at the onsite, live Biscuits and Jampionship at the World Food Championships (“WFC”), in Dallas Texas, October 19, 2019.
Must be 18 years of age or older at time of entry.
This contest is sponsored by The Jelly Queens Kitchen LLC (“The Jelly Queens”). Employees, officers and directors of The Jelly Queens and its affiliates, subsidiary companies, judging agents and promotion partners, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to participate.
Anticipated Number of Entrants:
The total number of contestants anticipated is 20.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY ON THE BISCUITS AND JAMPIONSHIP 2019 MAIN PAGE.
Top 10 will participate in the live competition at the WFC on October 19, 2019 between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
How to Enter:
Entry Forms will be accepted beginning at 7:01 am Central Standard Time on July 15, 2019 and ending at 5:01 p.m. Central Standard Time on August 18, 2019.
All entries submissions must be received at or before 5:01 p.m. Central Standard Time on the Deadline Date. All Jelly or jam mailed in must be received by 5:01 Aug 23rd to qualify.
In addition to submitting your biscuits and jam recipe, you are required to mail two (2) jars of ALL FLAVORS OF your canned jelly or jam with receipts for required products by 5:01 Aug 23rd to:
The Jelly Queens
4318 Lovers Lane
Dallas Texas 75209
Please note: You do not have to be registered to compete at WFC’s Main Event to enter this contest.
Rules of Competition:
1) The Jelly Queens will test the selected recipes and will NOT alter the recipe, so make sure your cooking instructions are correct and specific. The Jelly Queens may contact you via phone or email regarding your submission.
2) Please use organic ingredients where possible. The Jelly Queens run an FDA Certified Kitchen and all our products are organic.
3) Eligible persons can enter ONE original biscuit and TWO original jelly or jam recipes in this Contest. Second flavor must use a spirit; wine, beer, champagne, etc. as an infusion. TWO jars of each jelly or jam flavor must be mail in to The Jelly Queens by Aug 18th and be received by 5:01pm.
The Jelly Queens
4318 Lovers Lane
Dallas Texas 75209
4)The following products must be used; receipts for the purchase must accompany your mailed-in jelly or jam. It’s a good idea to practice with these required ingredients because they taste and respond differently than non-organic ingredients.
- Wholesome Organic Sugar
- Jovial Organic Einkorn Flour
- Pomona's Universal Pectin https://pomonapectin.com
- Fillmore Container's JARS: G08-01 W LIDS: RL-070 black https://www.fillmorecontainer.com
- Challenge Butter
- Organic fruit or your choice
- Spirits of your choice for second flavor
5) There are NO restrictions on infusions for the biscuits, spirits are required if you choose to enter a second jelly or jam flavor. We are looking for the best tasting biscuit and jam you can possibly create. So be creative!
6) Due to other competitions taking place on the same day and time period, competitor’s teams may start without all members present, but must not disrupt other competitors in any way.
7) All entries must use the form at the end of this letter and provide The Jelly Queens with your full name, address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, telephone number and email address for mailed-in jam entries. If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified.
8) The Biscuits and Jampionship’s finalists will be announced on September 2, 2019.
9) The ten (10) finalists will face off in the Biscuits and Jampionship’s competition on Saturday, October 19, 2019 from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time in WFC’s Kitchen Arena at Reunion Tower Lawn.
10) All recipes must be the original work of entrant and not previously published. You may use other recipes for inspiration, but you must make your own recipe in order for the recipe to be considered. Each submitted recipe must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. All entries become the physical property of The Jelly Queens Kitchen LLC and the World Food Championships and they will not be returned.
11) By submitting a recipe for this Contest, you grant, The Jelly Queens Kitchen LLC, and the World Food Championships, their parent companies , subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and licensees unrestricted use of the submitted entry which includes the right to publish your recipe and any other information provided worldwide in all print and electronic media (now or hereafter existing) without time limitation, and the right to include your name, photographs of you, your product and hometown (e.g., city and state) in connection therewith.
12) You are required to bring your remaining jars with you to WFC, to use for your final turn in for judging.
13) Winners must supply high resolution logo so a custom label can be created for your product.
How Will the Contest Be Judged?
Local E.A.T.™ certified judges will conduct a small judging event at The Jelly Queens’ facility to review all recipe submissions and determine the ten finalists that will compete at WFC in October.
The top 3 winners of the Jampionship will be determined by judging all qualifying entrants’ submissions based on the following criteria:
Intention of the cook, proper representation of biscuits and jam, proper cooking methods, proper balance of ingredients and ease of eating
Does this recipe present beautifully on a plate or in a baking dish? Do your eyes make you want to eat this before you even smell or taste it?
Does this recipe taste great with every bite? Does it have mass appeal? Would you want to make this recipe over and over again based on taste alone? Does it contain interesting, yet gratifying flavor combinations?
All entries will be judged using the criteria stated above. All judges will be certified in the E.A.T. Methodology. Decision of the judges is final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
Ten (10) competitors will be chosen to battle it out at the World Food Championships on October 19, 2019 from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. CST. A total of three (3) winners will be selected out of the ten (10) competitors.
Selection of Top 10: Winners will be determined and notified on or about September 2, 2019 by regular mail and/or email.
• 1st Place: $2,000 in cash and five cases of their jelly/jam produced by The Jelly Queens. ($2,600 value)
• 2nd Place: $1,000 in cash and four cases of their jelly/jam produced by The Jelly Queens. ($1,500 value)
• 3rd Place: $500 three cases of their jelly/jam produced by The Jelly Queens. ($900 value)
By submitting a recipe for this Contest, you grant, The Jelly Queens Kitchen LLC, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and licensees unrestricted use of the submitted entry, which includes the right to publish your recipe and any other information provided worldwide in all print and electronic media (now or hereafter existing) without time limitation, and the right to include your name, photographs of you, your product and hometown.
By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these complete Official Rules. The Jelly Queens are not liable for any malfunctions or failures of any telephone network or lines, computer internet system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer, mobile or any other device and/or its contents related to or resulting from participation or downloading/uploading any materials relating to this contest, or other technical difficulties or failures or other errors of any kind. The Jelly Queens reserve the right to terminate or modify the contest at any time for any reason. In such a circumstance, all winners will be selected based on entries received to date of termination. The Jelly Queens also reserves the right to modify this contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received and/or an insufficient number of entries meet the minimum judging criteria.
Entrants agree to indemnify The Jelly Queens, its affiliated and subsidiary companies from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this contest. In the event of any dispute regarding the identity of an entrant who submitted an online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used for the entry at the time of entry will be deemed the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide The Jelly Queens with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. The Jelly Queens, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process.
No Recourse to Judicial or Other Procedures/Severability: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this contest are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction finds the foregoing waiver unenforceable, entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue residing exclusively within the federal or state courts sitting in Dallas County in the State of Texas, U.S.A. and agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Texas, U.S.A., without reference to principles of conflicts of law. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
Biscuits and Jampionship Entry Form
The Jelly Queens
4318 Lovers Lane
Dallas Texas 75209
*Entry Form Must Accompany Your Mailed in Jelly or Jam
Please attach with tape to the bottom of your submitted jam jars,
your name and phone number. Do not have any other distinguishing marks on your jars.
If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Please be certain to follow all directions.
By acceptance of a prize, winners’ consent to the use of their name and/or photograph for publicity purposes without further compensation. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local regulations apply. Taxes are the responsibility of winners. Names of winners and winning recipes will be published on The Jelly Queens Kitchen website, www.thejellyqueens.com